5.05.2013

Sunday

It was so hot today, no clouds in the sky and the slightest breeze. It was one of those days where everyone and there mother was outside enjoying the gorgeous weather. Where your walking down the street and you can hear people having Sunday BBQ's, but that may of also been because it's Cinco de Mayo. One of those days, where you feel like you NEED to be outside, otherwise you wasted a beautiful day.

I love working out with my boyfriend, so when he asked me to run stairs I jumped at the rare opportunity. He meant the stairs in our building, but I convinced him to run the stairs outside. We took some pre workout, put on the sunscreen and headed out. When we got to the stairs it was so busy. I've never been to them before so I had nothing to compare it to, but for some reason I didn't think it would be so full of people. Clinton decided to run the path beside the stairs instead of running on them, which I thought was an interesting idea.

Clinton was first to take the trek, he bolted! Watching him run up made me think that this could be an awesome workout, away from the crowd and we could go a few times without having to weave in and out of people. That was not the case, at all. Once he made it back to me at the bottom, he told me how he thought he was going to fall on the way back, luckily he didn't. The hill was so steep and full of loose dirt, so there wasn't much to grip onto. Now, it was my turn. I was nervous and unsure if I could do it, too many people, an unfamiliar trail, gah. I sucked it up and went; the first little hill isn't too bad, it's the second hill that's the killer. Again, because it's so steep and has no hard dirt, lumps or bumps to grip onto. I ended up on all fours, laughing at myself looking back at Clinton saying I couldn't do it. Obviously he couldn't hear me so I pushed on through. It was tough, but I made it to the top. Once. Never again. I felt like I died. He managed to make it up twice which is flipping awesome!



We took a breather in the shade and then headed home to work on our abs. Of course we couldn't pass up such a nice day so we headed off to the park to relax.

Did you celebrate Cinco de Mayo today?
How did you spend your Sunday?

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like such a good way to spend a Sunday! Good job btw for making it up the stairs, I would have probably only made it half way!

    lalalahini.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it was a lot of fun! We ran the hill instead of the stairs, but thanks haha, it was tough. No way, you'd make it to the top! Mind over matter. =)

      Delete