5.14.2013

Exfoliate those hands!

I know I'm not a beauty blog, but whatever. =P

We all know about exfoliating our body and lips, but what about our hands? Lately I noticed my hands were dryer than usual, probably the worst they've ever been. I needed to repaint my nails, so I thought this would be the perfect time to do a full fledged at home manicure. Staying hydrated is the best way to keep your skin moisturized. Drinking enough water will benefit you, your skin, your body, and your health.

This hand soak made my skin so much softer and moisturized.




What you need:
A bowl big enough to soak both hands.
Moisturizing hand soap
1/2 tablespoon of sugar or salt
Olive oil
Hand towel

1. Wash your hands! Make sure you're using moisturizing hand lotion.

2. Fill your bowl with warm water, enough for you to submerge your whole hand, not just your fingers. Add as much olive oil you feel would be enough. I added about 2-3 tablespoons. Soak your hands for 5-10 minutes. The oil in the water will help moisturize your hands.

3. Keep your hands damp and put your choice of exfoliant in your hand. I used sugar, but you could use salt, sea salt or any cosmetic exfoliant you own. Rub it in between your fingers, around your nails and on both sides of your hands for as long as you feel necessary, then rinse.

3.5. This would be the perfect time to work on your cuticles and paint your nails, if you choose to do so.

4. Lastly, keep your hands damp and apply lotion. If you're hands are severely dry, you can mix in a small amount of Vaseline with your lotion.

For a quick solution, try Soap & Glory Flake Away! I seriously love this stuff. It leaves a slightly oily residue on the skin, which I will admit I didn't love at first, but it helps keep your skin moisturized. I don't use it religiously, but when I do use it I feel like I shed a layer of skin, in the best way possible haha.


What's your favourite exfoliating product whether is DIY or a store bought product?

No comments:

Post a Comment