5.10.2013

Early Morning Run

Last night, I went to bed telling myself, "wake up early and go for a run!". I contemplated going to bed wearing my workout gear so it would be easier to get up and go, but I don't like wearing tight fitting clothes while sleeping. I set my alarm for 5:30|5:35|5:38AM, knowing me I wouldn't wake up the first time, but I did. I think it's because I only had four and a half hours of sleep. I rolled out of bed, had some diluted orange juice and headed outside. I was hoping to catch the sun rise, but by the time I got out of the house it was too late, maybe next time.

After today, I'd MUCH rather run early in the morning. It's so much better. The weather is cool, the sky is beautiful, barely anyone is outside, which means no stopping at crosswalks; I literally didn't have to stop or slow down once! I even saw a couple runners which was nice. The only downside is that I have to wakeup early, but I'd rather be up all day than sleep it away. I always use my Nike+ app when running to track everything, but my battery was about to die so I didn't listen to any music to make sure it would last during my run. This was a first for me, and I didn't like it. Music helps me zone out, I concentrate on the music more than what I'm actually doing, it's easier to push myself. Once my heavy breathing kicked in, it was all I could hear. Majority of the time it was all I could concentrate on, then my legs wanted to stop but my brain wouldn't allow it. I ran 21 blocks for a total of 3KMs.


2 comments:

  1. I hate running but I can imagine when the weathers nice its a lovely thing to do (unfortunately the weathers never nice in England!)
    Lovely read, check out my blog x
    www.mollyewins.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah haha, I'm really only motivated to run when the weather is really nice. Not too hot, not too cold. I can imagine! You must have at least a month of nice weather?

      Delete